The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Two to three years of systems analyst experience, preferably in a manufacturing / distribution environment.
- Experience supporting accounting and financial planning is a plus.
- Familiarity with ERP systems is strongly preferred, and experience with QAD MFG/PRO would be ideal.
- A basic understanding of relational databases, including queries, database structure, how tables relate to one another, etc. Experience with Progress database and application development environments is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of structured software development and implementation methodologies.
- Familiarity with MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Exposure to fourth-generation programming languages (4GL) is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong aptitude for learning new technologies and processes.
- A team player approach.
- High energy and a sense of urgency.
The RoleReporting to the Manager, Business Systems, you will join a team of six that includes Principal, Senior and Associate Business Analysts. The team supports about 1500 users worldwide on QAD as well as other applications that integrate with QAD. Different members of the team support different functional areas, and you will take day-to-day direction from a Senior Business Analyst who supports manufacturing, sourcing and accounts payable.
To start with, you'll invest the largest part of your time in troubleshooting and supporting users, which will help you learn our systems and business processes. Once you are up to speed your responsibilities will expand to include identifying and analyzing users' functional requirements, and implementing software solutions to meet those needs.
This will include expanding the use of systems already in use, and participating in project teams to implement new solutions. You'll identify, scope and design systems changes necessary to support business improvements and projects, with guidance from the Senior BA. Projects will range from relatively simple process updates to integrating newly acquired businesses to complex system redesigns.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with key customers to identify opportunities to improve and expand the use of business systems.
- Participate as a project team member on major systems initiatives, where your role would include system configuration, business and systems process analysis, development of functional specifications, all levels of systems testing and implementation.
- Conduct business and systems process analysis.
- Work with Technical Services and Software Development to provide total solutions to our customers.
- Assist with the development of ongoing strategy for data management and reporting across any functional area.
Why HHIProfessional development -- we're looking for a professional who has the aptitude to learn and grow, and you'll gain experience with new processes and technologies in this position. Once you've proven yourself in this role, you might set your sights on a Senior BA position, and on up the ladder.
Broad exposure -- you'll work with contacts in a variety of areas, building a network and gaining a bird's eye view of our organization. Internally you'll interact with Accounting, Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and others. Externally you'll work with consultants and suppliers.
Intriguing challenges -- with multiple brands, thousands of products, diverse markets and a culture of continuous improvement you can expect to take on a steady stream of engaging projects.
Strong company growth -- at HHI there is always a great deal of entrepreneurial energy in the air and we are constantly exploring innovative avenues and opportunities for growth. This is a thriving and stable environment that will create opportunities for strong performers throughout our organization.
Great culture -- you'll benefit from a strong, collaborative culture within an organization extremely focused on its people. We understand that our success depends upon hiring and retaining great people who share the values deeply embedded in our culture: demonstrate unyielding integrity, deliver on commitments, win through teamwork, and inspire excellence.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive, we offer a premium benefits package that includes all that you would expect, such as healthcare and other insurances, and a few surprises like dependent care reimbursement accounts, educational assistance, and more.
Keys to SuccessPivotal to your success will be your ability to learn a lot, and learn it quickly. That will include our technologies, of course, but you'll also need to develop a strong understanding of the business, particularly the users' goals and challenges. To excel here, you will combine that knowledge with a problem-solving approach that is systematic and also draws on creativity. Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, and that will require flexibility, enthusiasm and comfort with change.
While your technical savvy will be essential, just as important will be your interpersonal skills, which you'll leverage as you interact with users as well as teammates. As you support users you'll need to probe for information to get a clear understanding of needs and processes, and then you'll use your communication skills to act as bridge between non-technical users and technical teams. We'll look to you to achieve goals independently, but teamwork is important as well. You should be resourceful, but also know when to ask for help.
About HHIHardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware and faucets with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, PfisterTM and EZSET®. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders’ hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (FANAL), and #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister). Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia.
HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB). Spectrum Brands is a global, diversified consumer products company and a leading supplier of consumer batteries, residential locksets, residential builders’ hardware and faucets, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn and garden and home pest control products, and personal insect repellents. Spectrum Brands employs over 12,500 employees worldwide and sells to the top 25 global retailers with products in more than one million stores.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.